Tuesday 20 September 2011

The Clean Bin Project Tour

I am so excited.  The Clean Bin Project, the story which inspired my family to a waste free lifestyle, is coming to town and with it the filmmakers. It's a dream come true, literally.


Jen and Grant (shown in the photo above) will be coming to town in less than a week and I can hardly wait to meet them.  I saw them present at a Recycling Council of British Columbia conference back in 2009.  They had just completed a year of living without garbage or buying anything.  It was the best part of an amazing conference and I came away completely inspired to some day try it for myself!

Here I am, two years later, blogging about my experience living without waste, and hopefully inspiring others to follow suit.

If you want to check out the film, it will be shown in several locations throughout the Thompson-Nicola region.

The Fresh Outlook Foundation is hosting the REEL Change SustainAbility Film Festival on September 23rd and 24th (check out their website for films and locations).  The Clean Bin Project will be part of the festival and will be screened on September 24th at 7 pm in the Alumni Theatre at Thompson Rivers University.

The TNRD is touring with the film as well so you can check them out at the Chase Community Hall on September 26thBlackpool Heritage Hall in Clearwater on September 27th, Merritt Civic Centre E. Auditorium on September 28th and the Clinton Community Hall on September 29th. Showtime for these events is 7:15 pm.

Look for posters around town for more details, or you can post a comment and I will reply.


0 comments:

Post a Comment